Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tar Creek 03/14/2011



12/10/13: The US Forest Service will be enforcing access restrictions to Tar Creek soon. TC is part of the Condor Sanctuary established as critical habitat to this endangered bird and other wildlife. Epic numbers of visitors, and the trash and graffiti they have left behind, has led to the acknowledgment by the Forest Service that access must be curtailed and enforced. For more information on the impending action visit: Tar Creek Closure.

Yesterday I was able to wrap up my work by 1pm so I raced home, grabbed my kit, and drove out to Fillmore for a little bit of afternoon exercise. I jogged down to Tar Creek's first pools (Land of the Lost) in exactly 40 minutes. I spent a nice hour in the sun, went for a swim, did a little reading. Not a bad way to spend the second half of a work day. I don't think this is a record but I was able to jog all the way back to the truck in 44 minutes flat. I'm not too worried about my cardiovascular health at this point...the point being that my annual Sierra mountaineering trip is only about 10 weeks away so I need to stay on top of my fitness. I'll be ready come June.

No comments:

Post a Comment