Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tar Creek on video



12/10/13: The US Forest Service will be enforcing access restrictions to Tar Creek soon. TC is part of the Condor Sanctuary established as critical habitat to this endangered bird and other wildlife. Epic numbers of visitors, and the trash and graffiti they have left behind, has led to the acknowledgment by the Forest Service that access must be curtailed and enforced. For more information on the impending action visit: Tar Creek Closure.


To take a brief walking tour of Tar Creek: Check out Tar

1 comment:

  1. I think it's about time. I am a longtime hiker in and about a lot of the Los Padres areas, and an avid fan of the CC. I've, the destruction and trash people tend to leave and it saddens and angers me. Having been taught to respect the wilderness and it's denizens by my native American ancestors, I applaud this decision but it's only as strong as it's enforcement.

    ReplyDelete