Sunday, September 12, 2010

Shakin' off the Rust, Pine Mountain

Hello, blog. It's been a couple of weeks since I've seen dirt. I've had things around the house to fix, clean, rebuild, etc..., the highlight of which was getting the jacuzzi up and running. Yes, I've been on a domestic binge. And a literary one as well, having spent the last six weeks inhaling the 4,000 page Dark Tower by Stephen King (an amazing tale).
Anyway, work+gym+home&hearth have been my priority lately, though I do get a little stir-crazy if I haven't gotten dirty in a while. I was invited to meet Dave Rivas and his boys up on Pine Mountain yesterday and, though he flaked, I ran into an old friend and co-worker named Darren, who is now one of the rock-gear gurus at Real Cheap Sports Ventura. I mostly wandered around the mountain by myself and, in the end, bouldered twenty or so V1's and 2's. I certainly had a fair amount of rust to brush off, and my biceps tendon has a way to go before I can really crank on it, though it is progressing in the right direction. I have to say that it was nice to be moving on stone again.
Below are pictures taken yesterday in the Pine Mountain neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment