Friday, March 27, 2015

Cuyama Hills


It's spring on the Central Coast and the brief colors of this too-short season are on full display. In the foothills above New Cuyama the sun was up, the day hot, the bees and butterflies and lizards out doing their thing. As for me, I worked a rambling circuit through feral canyons and over several low ridges of weathered sandstone. I saw a pair of deer, a falcon and mated red tails, spooked a great horned owl out of a wind cave in a crumbling tower of sandstone. No particular agenda or destination in mind, no pressures, no problems. Just a nice day outside with only my camera for company. Go out and get some while there's still a bit of green on the hills.






Aliso Canyon Road.

2 comments:

  1. Wow David, that ROCKS!! (yes pun)
    and I think I know where you were headed, at least you were close......lee t.

    ReplyDelete