Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tar Creek, 02/08/11



12/10/13: The US Forest Service will be enforcing access restrictions to Tar Creek soon. TC is part of the Condor Sanctuary established as critical habitat to this endangered bird and other wildlife. Epic numbers of visitors, and the trash and graffiti they have left behind, has led to the acknowledgment by the Forest Service that access must be curtailed and enforced. For more information on the impending action visit: Tar Creek Closure.

So, things have been busy lately, which has kept me off the trails. I've been working alot and had a cold and could detail numerous other excuses, but those issues seem to be behind me now and I rolled out to Tar Creek yesterday with a renewed energy. About time, Dave.
The guy in the picture above is named Tarek. He had contacted me via the blog, had never been to Tar, and seemed like a nice enough fellow so I invited him along. He's a modern day, raw foods kind of hippy (if one had to use labels as a descriptor). Easy to get along with. Tarek seemed to have a great day and I'm sure he'll be revisiting the creek.
I've been down this canyon so many times that there's little "new" to write about unless something noteworthy has occurred, which wasn't the case today. I will say that I'm working with a new camera, trying to get a feel for how it shoots, which settings work best in different conditions. So far I'm pretty pleased with the image quality. I'll just let you all scroll through the pics.





1 comment:

  1. Great shots! Been on Tar Creek Trail a few times and haven't seen this. We're ususally too beat coming up from Sespe Gorge to eplore it...maybe one of these days. Great blog...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete