Saturday, March 31, 2012

Out of the shoebox: pictures that worried my mom


The tyrolean traverse, a nifty little feat of climbing engineering. This is the traditional way off Lost Arrow Spire in Yosemite.


"Everybody needs his memories. They keep the wolf of insignificance from the door." 
- Saul Bellow


I'm currently in the middle of a 96 hour on-call "weekend" for work. I've been popping in and out of that place, but in between cases I've managed to scan and edit a bunch of old photos. I figure that once in a while I'll drop a few on the blog. Here's a few from my "ego wall". And a word of advice, don't get coronary artery disease, it's bad for your health, and then you meet someone like me in the middle of the night. 

High-Ball bouldering before the days of crash pads, when a fall meant hitting the deck. Calico Basin, NV.

Leading the Kor Roof on The Prow, Washington Column Yosemite. Airy.

I can't remember what this route was, but it was Yosemite.





Most of the way up the East Buttress of Mt Whitney. I think I was 19.
This is another picture from The Prow, Yosemite




No comments:

Post a Comment