Monday, April 9, 2012

Tar Creek for R&R, 04/03/12




12/10/13: The US Forest Service will be enforcing access restrictions to Tar Creek soon. TC is part of the Condor Sanctuary established as critical habitat to this endangered bird and other wildlife. Epic numbers of visitors, and the trash and graffiti they have left behind, has led to the acknowledgment by the Forest Service that access must be curtailed and enforced. For more information on the impending action visit: Tar Creek Closure.


After a long and unpleasant work week with lots of on-call stand-by, I was finally free to get some natural light and exercise. I didn't have the energy for anything, and barely answered the call. The happy medium for me is to go to Tar, an easy, pleasant walk with plenty of places to just chill out. I got down to the canyon by nine and was parked at the bottom soon after. 




I had a thoroughly uneventful day, which is precisely what I was going for. I dozed for a while, did a couple crosswords, and, um, that was about it. Really unexciting. The crow in the photo above kept me entertained for a while. He was having a good time seeing how long he could ride the breeze coming up the canyon without flapping his wings.  As for the rest of the day, I rolled back up the canyon in the late afternoon. I shot quite a bit of video on the way so I'll be putting one together soon. It was a fine day spent doing very little.




No comments:

Post a Comment