Monday, April 5, 2010

Watching Clouds at Tar Creek

I wasn't at all sure I would get outside today. This morning it was raining as I drank my coffee. I was without plans and unconcerned about being without plans...but then, as if by an unseen hand, the clouds parted and the sun beamed down and the skies blued a crystal azure. A sign! I threw my kit together and was out the door at 9:30. Destination: the Land of the Lost at Tar Creek.
I left the truck in a cold fog. I knew that I had timed this right, and a few minutes later a breeze started blowing out the gray. In the end I got a day of 50/50 clouds and sun with a cool wind.
This was a-okay because the air was clean and the creek was high. On the way in I encountered about a hundred quail, two turtles, and a few harmless watersnakes. I saw some bunnies and a pair of hawks cruising for a bunny breakfast. The clear air and the light made for a good photography day.
I stopped at the main falls for lunch and decided to watch some clouds roll by. I'm sure I dozed off for a while, a sure sign of a perfect day. I was completely successful in forgetting that I have to work the next four days. I have to admit that I was pretty sore from the Santa Paula Peak trip two days ago.
I hope whoever sees this enjoys the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment