Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pine Mountain and Environs, 08/28/2011

I am still relishing every second of not working on my house anymore. In that vein, and having done a full day up the Matilija furnace yesterday, I thought I'd head to the highest hill I could find. It's telling, I guess, that on a day when half of SoCal was headed straight for the beach, a true mountain boy turns his head (and steering wheel) in the opposite direction. Charlie don't surf!!
After several hours of bouldering in the pines my forearms ached and my tips were raw. I just couldn't believe how nice a day it was, too good to say, "Okay, done bouldering, headed home."
I just had to start taking some pics (you should be able to click on the pics to enlarge them).
Above: The boulders of the the "picnic area"
Below: I gotta try this. He was taking off just as I rolled by. He eventually caught a thermal that put him up, I would guess, at 10,000 feet.
Below: Ventura and the Oxnard plain.
Below: Lockwood Valley and the Cuyama Badlands
Below: the Pine Mountain and Reyes Peak ridge

No comments:

Post a Comment