Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Photos from Monterey and Big Sur

Bixby Bridge, CA 1
Here's what half a day in Monterey, and a drive down the CA 1 via Big Sur, got me. Ruth and I made the most of our limited time, slept little, ate well, and Ruth endured my proclivity for photography. Give me a week or two and I'll be bringing you all some scenic stuff from somewhere else. It'll be a treat, at least for me. After all that I will be returning to the SLP.

Monterey Bay Aquarium, Egg Drop Jelly
Monterey Bay Aquarium
17 Mile Drive, Monterey
This guy was pretty pleased with this crab he caught. Poor crab got to be yanked apart one limb at a time. The otter's crunching was quite loud. Very amusing to watch. 
Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park
I hit McWay Falls at the wrong time of day for shooting the actual falls, but click the image larger and you can see it. 
McWay Falls, Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park
Big Sur
Big Sur
Elephant seals in a tussle

1 comment:

  1. I first visited Big Sur with my parents back in the 50's and have been going back ever since. I love the area & the feeling I get when I'm there. Just saw a movie trailer for a movie based on the Big Sur novel by Jack Kerouac. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1462411/

    ReplyDelete